Who Uses FIBC Bags?
For a business selling a product, special care is needed when transporting the product to the customer. Transportation can put your legal cannabis, hemp, agricultural, construction or pharmaceutical product at risk. Fortunately, flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBCs) from Bulk Bag Reclamation provide a safe and cost-effective way to transport bulk materials.
With FIBC bulk bags, you can streamline the logistics and process of packing and shipping products. Though bulk bags have been used for decades, modern bulk bags are highly modified and perfect for the needs of today’s agricultural, pharmaceutical, construction and cannabis industries. If your business needs to transport bulk items, FIBC bulk bags are an essential purchase.
What Are FIBC Bags?
FIBCs are also known as bulk bags, big bags and super sacks. Essentially, an FIBC bag is an industrial container in which you can store materials like legal cannabis, hemp, agricultural and pharmaceutical products.
What Materials Are FIBC Bags Made Of?
An FIBC bag is made from flexible fabric designed to transport and store dry, flowable products like fertilizer, sand or granules of plastic. Typically, an FIBC bag is made of thick woven strands of polypropylene and can be coated or uncoated.
These bags can store large units, and they’re made from one or several lifting loops. For example, if you have a one-person operation, a single loop bulk bag may be the right option for you. Emptying is easy, by either cutting it open or using the special opening on the bottom known as a discharge spout.
Some FIBC bulk bags have multiple layers that are consumable or recyclable, making them eco-friendly. This option makes FIBC bags a more sustainable choice than other industrial containers, such as new steel drums.
What Are the Different FIBC Designs?
There are four main design styles of FIBCs:
- Baffle: You can spot a baffle bag by looking for a piece of fabric on some four-panel and tubular bags. These sewn-in additions create a squareness that increases the tote’s stability and improves its appearance. Baffle bags can enhance efficiency in storage spaces and shipping.
- Circular: Also referred to as a tubular bag, this design doesn’t have any vertical seams. Weaving machines create the fabric on a circular loom, and the material is cut and measured to different heights for varying bag capacities.
- Four-panel: Four-panel bags are made from four pieces of fabric that are sewn together. These pieces of fabric create a bag that’s almost rectangular.
- U-panel: For this design, a single panel is used for the two opposing sides and the bottom, giving the bag a U-shape that ensures strength and structure.
Best Uses of FIBC Bulk Bags
Bulk bags are used throughout many industries, including the cannabis, agricultural, construction and pharmaceutical industries. The following are some of the top uses for bulk bags:
FIBCs are a great choice if your business needs to store or transport fine grains or powders. Powders and grains you may want to store or transport include:
- Zinc ash
- Cobalt powder
Depending on your product, you may want to use a liner for the bag. Some FIBCs can be a little too breathable for a fine powder, and that’s where a liner can be useful.
Liners will keep powders in place while they’re stored, so you can avoid puffs or leakage of your product. You can also close off the top of the bulk bag similar to any sealable membrane. If you need a custom liner, you can discuss your business needs with us at Bulk Bag Reclamation.
2. Agricultural Products
FIBC bulk bags can also store different food items. Farmers harvest products, spread seeds, fertilize crops, store materials and transport yields to buyers. With all these tasks to handle and so many products to move, bulk bags are often necessary for those running agricultural businesses.
Agricultural products can include crops, seeds, fertilizer and livestock feed. With the right bulk bags, farmers can retain more of their crop yield, streamline processes and participate in conservation efforts.
Bulk bags are used in agriculture for seed storage and transportation, crop storage and transportation, fertilizer storage and transportation and green initiatives.
- Seed storage and transportation: Farmers must be able to collect, stock and ship significant amounts of seed to feed livestock or grow new crops. Though seed isn’t as likely to suffer damage during transportation, the product still needs to be protected, as heat and moisture can spoil it and render it useless and pests can eat the seed out of lower quality bags or cause spills. Fortunately, farmers can keep their seeds protected from water and extend the product’s longevity with the right bulk bags.
- Crop storage and transportation: Farmers can fill bulk bags with their crops, and the crops can stay in these containers during storage, shipping and sales. Bulk bags keep a farmer’s products safe from damage and allow the farmer to neatly organize the products, optimizing their storage space. Transportation is also a major concern with crops, and farmers need bulk bags to ensure their products can safely move from storage to the destination without suffering any damage.
- Fertilizer storage and transportation: Along with their products, farmers may want to keep other materials like fertilizer in storage. Fertilizer is essential to be successful in the agricultural industry, so farmers need a secure way to stock and distribute it. Fertilizer can be organic or inorganic and can come in dry, liquid or semi-liquid forms. Bulk bags preserve fertilizer and make distribution, loading and unloading easy.
- Green initiatives: The agricultural industry can profoundly impact the environment, so it’s vital as a farmer to consider how the preservation of natural resources and energy conservation can be improved. With bulk bags, farmers can replace cardboard boxes and paper bags in transportation, distribution and storage efforts. Since FIBC bulk bags are reusable, they’re a more sustainable storage option in agriculture.
3. Hemp and Legal Cannabis Products
In the United States, the hemp and legal cannabis industries are growing fast, leading to numerous opportunities and new jobs. Of course, this rapid growth has also led to some challenges, including in proper storage, packing, handling and transportation of hemp. Biomass containers require specific properties to keep hemp safe and viable.
After hemp is harvested, it has a shelf life and can lose potency or go bad after a period of time. Though this shelf life can vary depending on the plant type, a shelf life exists for all plants. As a result, it’s essential to consider what packaging is the best to use. Bulk bags are a safe and effective way to store and transport cannabis products.
FIBCs work well for dried products, including dried hemp and cannabis, particularly bulk bags with liners. These bags can extend the shelf life of legal cannabis or hemp by removing oxygen. These bags can also preserve the hemp product’s cannabinoids so each bag’s product is equally potent. If you prefer not to use bags with liners, you can also choose bulk bags without a coating to let the product breathe or vented bags to allow for airflow to minimize molding.
4. Construction Materials
Used FIBC bulk bags for construction can handle even the most challenging jobs. For building materials, it’s essential to have a reliable storage and shipping process. Bulk bags are durable and flexible, making them a great way to store or ship construction materials. Use bulk bags for the following construction tasks:
- Cleanup: Once a construction project ends, there’s often plenty of debris that needs to be removed. At Bulk Bag Reclamation, our FIBCs have the flexibility and strength you need for efficient cleanup.
- Haul building materials: A bulk bag can easily haul several types of building materials, such as stone, asphalt, lumber, cement and metal. You can transport and store materials in the same bag, and construction bulk bags fit on pallets, shelves and trucks for easy management and transportation.
- Sustainable business practices: For a construction business committed to customer satisfaction and confidence, it can be essential to reduce environmental impact. Used bulk bags are an excellent contribution to your green initiative, as they allow you to prevent polypropylene plastics from ending up in landfills.
- Store and move gravel and sand: If you need to move or store finer materials like gravel and sand, FIBCs are the right option for you. Their optional top closures and secure construction mean they won’t spill or leak, even when you’re transporting larger quantities.
At Bulk Bag Reclamation, we offer the most reliable woven plastic bulk bags for the construction industry. Our bags are processed according to the highest standards and safety measures. The bulk bags most useful in the construction industry include open top bags, spout top bags, baffled bags and duffle top bags.
Types of FIBC Bags
Manufacturers of FIBC bags make different types of bags, so you need to know how to get the right kind of FIBCs for your industry and product. Our inventory includes the following types of FIBC bags:
- Duffle top bulk bags: Our used duffle top bulk bags are flexible, and though they have a similar basic design, some modifications are possible to ensure the bags will meet your company’s needs.
- Open top bulk bags: If you need to fill your bulk bags manually, choose our used open top bulk bags. These are commonly used in the construction industry.
- Baffle bags:Our used baffle bags include panels on the interior that remain square and strong when filled. These bags are great for packing and stacking, staying bulge-free and solid.
- Spout top bulk bags: With spout top bulk bags, you can fill faster and cleaner, so you can minimize the mess.
Advantages of Used Bulk Bags
Why buy a used bulk bag instead of a new bulk bag? There are several advantages of used FIBC over new bags, such as:
- Cost-effective: Used bulk bags help lower the expense of container purchases, and they can help increase your profits by preserving and protecting your products.
- Reusable: Bulk bags are reusable, recyclable and repairable.
- High quality: If you’re a farmer who harvests, packages and supplies food items like vegetables and fruits, you may want to consider the quality of your bulk bags. Suppliers need to have certifications to verify the containers can be safely used for food-grade products. Fortunately, FIBCs are high-quality containers that are safe for food items and can provide protection from transport damage and other materials.
- Customizable: Bulk bags can be customized to your business’s unique needs.
- Easy availability: When a farmer needs a container right away, they can turn to a dependable FIBC bulk bag supplier like Bulk Bag Reclamation. We keep a large stock of bulk bags for easy accessibility, and you can place orders for customized containers or specific varieties that can be available in just a few months.
- Prevent contamination: A bulk bag can prevent contamination and damage caused by travel, water, pests and other issues.
- Various styles and sizes: These bags also come in multiple styles and sizes to suit several different applications. For example, a farmer can have several types of materials and crops to store and transport, so they need different bags to suit their various needs. They may need bulk bags with aeration for produce but also need bags with liners for other materials. Fortunately, you can find FIBC bulk bags in the styles and sizes you need.
For many businesses, FIBC bulk bags are the most reliable option for storage and transportation. Our reconditioning process at Bulk Bag Reclamation involves cleaning used bags so they can be reused.
Request a Quote for Reconditioned FIBC Bulk Bags
Refurbished bulk bags are durable, sturdy and lightweight. They’re safe for a variety of products and are used in many industries. That’s why we offer refurbished bulk bags at Bulk Bag Reclamation. We recondition and sell used FIBC bags from manufacturers that have a range of applications — our bags can serve a variety of industries, including the cannabis, agricultural, pharmaceutical and construction industries.
We can offer the following services:
- Reconditioning: We take a one-time used bulk bag and recondition it, meaning we’ll clean the bag quickly and conveniently to meet the standards for minimum residue.
- Samples: Do you want to sample bulk bags before you make your purchase? We can send you two bulk bags for the cost of shipping.
- Recycling: At Bulk Bag Reclamation, we recycle bulk bags once they become unusable.
- Repair: We also replace tie strings, repair small holes and replace bottom ropes, along with fixing other problems.
We have more than two decades of FIBC bulk bag refurbishment experience across our management team. Bulk Bag Reclamation has a centralized location right in America’s heartland, so we can ensure we offer convenient and fast shipping to your company. Choose from our reconditioned FIBC bags, including duffle top bulk bags, baffle bags, open top bulk bags and spout top bulk bags.
Choose us as your bulk bag supplier. If you’re a distribution manager seeking refurbished bulk bags, request a quote from us at Bulk Bag Reclamation today.